Sunday, January 15, 2012

Birds...Winter ones...

I love watching the birds out my bay window!!  They are amazing.  I've seen lots of different birds, and have enjoyed finding out more about them. 
This is a Northern Flicker Red-Shafted Woodpecker. This one is male.
Same kind of woodpecker but female. (I think...)
I'm thinking this is the female, but might be an adolescent.
Interesting how he balances himself on the feeder...
Hanging on the red feeder...
Western Scrub-Jay -- common one
In the feeder...
Little bird sitting in the dish of food.  (Some kind of Sparrow, ???)
This has been identified as a Pine Siskin.  Thanks, Steve!!

 This is some kind of Sparrow...not sure what kind. 
This one has also been identified as a Dark-Eyed Junco. Thanks again to Steve!!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Those are some fantastic pictures. My thought while looking at them was, wow - there is no snow there. And then I saw your next post. So sorry for your boys. Hope they are surviving!