Wednesday, December 31, 2008

*****Sydnee*****


Here she is as a puppy. We hand picked her out of the litter of 8 puppies...


Our sweet dog Sydnee passed away on Christmas Eve morning. She got sick Labor Day weekend, and was diagnosed with Diabetes. So, after twice daily shots of Insulin and lots of loving care, she was doing pretty well.

I noticed that she wasn't eating or drinking a few days before Christmas Eve, and she was getting really really thin. So...I took her to the Vet and they tried and tried for 4 - 5 days to "regulate" her. They tried lots of things but nothing seemed to work.

She continued to get worse and the Vet called at 5:45am and left a message that he wasn't sure how long Syd would last if we wanted to come see her. When I got up and listened to the message it was 8:40am. I called to talk to our Vet and Sydnee had been outside for a walk--in the sunshine and snow, but collapsed and was unresponsive.

How do you say good-bye to a sweet loving dog like Sydnee?

We can't.
We miss her.
We love you Sydnee...

4 comments:

Ashli Dardenne said...

Bruno told me he misses Sydnee too. She taught him how to do the "long dog", and he will never forget when they got that poor white bunny.

Cyndi said...

I'm gonna miss Syd too! She was a great dog!

Stephanie said...

How sad - I'm sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful dog.

Tove said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
I can't begin to imagine loosing Twinkle. She's the sunshine in our family.
I hope the good memories will sustain you and give you comfort.