Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oh, Dallas...

Dallas and friends went to the dunes on Saturday to ride. They are the ones that discovered the over-turned 4 wheeler and the body of Congressman Orton. It has been quite the experience for my boy, and I am a proud Momma of one who was able to assist.
He has been reading different accounts of what happened and it is interesting to hear what the media leaves out as far as more details. Congressman Orton was dead at the scene.
This certainly was not something that I would hope for my child to witness, let alone be one of the guys to come upon the scene. But, he was able to keep his wits about him and assist where he could. He helped the medics when they arrived, gathered people and flags to mark a path for emergency people to know where to go, he was able to remain calm on the outside and help.
I love you Dallas, and I'm very proud of you.
Former congressman Bill Orton dies in ATV accident -
By Robert Gehrke
The Salt Lake Tribune

Former Utah Congressman Bill Orton was killed Saturday afternoon in a four-wheeler accident in the Little Sahara Sand Dunes. He was 60 years old. "Obviously our prayers are with [his wife] Jackie and the boys. View Full Story

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow - what an experience. Good for Dallas for keeping his head and being a help!

Grandma P said...

I hope Dallas is doing okay - what a tramatic experience and good for him that he was able to keep his wits about him.

Will and Chelsea said...

What an ordeal for Dallas to experience, but I too am proud of him! Sounds like you raise one great boy Myrn :)