Friday, September 4, 2009

no blood...ALL guts

As you may or may not know, Dallas had an accident at the Sand Dunes. He was riding his dirt bike and crashed. Earilier that same morning I left for my trip to Africa. While I was sitting in the Los Angeles airport, Tyler called and asked me if I have heard about Dallas. Not the exact words you want to hear. Tyler said to not worry about Dallas, Ty would take care of him. And, Ty did. So did Kurt. and Jeff, and Kyle, and Austin, and Cody, and Brandon, and Megan, and J.D., and Julie, and Julie and Debbie...the list continues.


Thank you to each of you for ALL that you did for Dallas and for me, the Mom.



Yup, Dallas is officially screwed up!!





Can you see the splinters of bone??? Yikes...
This is obviously the "before" picture.



















The little incision is on the inside of his foot/ankle where they used a clamp to hold the bone up and in---





























Could he be any cuter?




post stitches...






Dallas talked the lady into putting stripes on his cast cuz you know that all he wears is black and white, his riding gear is black and white, etc.







So, this hard cast for 3 weeks, then a boot for another 9 weeks. At least he did this doing what he loves!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Sorry to hear about Dallas' mishap. What a crazy brake! Looks like he was a trooper through all of it though. Hope he recovers quickly!

nanalynn said...

Myrna - one question. Did you spank him when you got home? I can't believe he did that right when you left! I hope he's still grounded! Give him a kiss from me!

Candice said...

OMG! Of course it had to happen the day you left! What good kids you have!!

Emily said...

Geez Dal, you are catching up to Trevor! I hope it leaves a scar....they make the best stories! no wonder trev and Dal get along so well...they are maniacs! we'll keep them though! Trevor is kicking butt at football. nobody can catch him. what a surprise! LOL! oh...this is marcie again. I really should sign in as myself!